When people apply to join my Alliance program, the final question on the application form is:
If you could be a superhero, which one would you choose and why?
Now, it’s not an obligatory question, but up until now anybody who has been accepted into the Alliance has always answered with a well thought-out reply.
Guess who is the most popular superhero among entrepreneurs?
It’s not Superman, although a few people have mentioned him. They like the flying, mainly, and the laser-vision, and the spandex, I guess.
Some of the woman have opted for Wonder Woman, but that’s indicative of a lack of female superhero role-models more than anything else.
Most entrepreneurs that join me in my year-long mastermind program choose one superhero above all others.
Seriously. I crunched the numbers and the Caped Crusader came out on top. Hands down. No competition.
- He has no special powers. (He does, however, have a cool outfit.)
- Instead of super powers, he makes use of his intellect, mental capacity, fearlessness and acute sense of social justice. He needs to create solutions to let him do his job to the best of his ability.
- But he knows he can’t do it alone, so he has a team he counts on for everything. They’ve got his back. They send him information and look after the stuff he’s too busy to deal with himself. (I.e. Commissioner James Gordon, Alfred, Robin, and a host of other superhero types including but not limited to, Batgirl, Elongated Man, The Huntress, and Ace the Bat-Hound.
- He develops and uses proprietary technology to enable him to do his job quickly and effectively. (Batmobile, Batsuit, etc.)
- And, finally, when he’s not out battling the bad-guys, he’s the uber-successful entrepreneur, Bruce Wayne, a man of many resources who spends large parts of his wealth and time on philanthropic missions.
How about that for the ideal entrepreneurial profile?
I’m meeting with my own personal superheroes in the bat-cave next week for one of our Alliance gatherings.
If you need a Commissioner Gordon, a Robin, an Alfred, and a Batgirl to cover your back, you’ve got it. Click here to join us.
So, tell me… who’s your favorite superhero and why?